I am not sure I’ll ever drink coffee another way again thanks to Keto coffee. I continuously get surprised at how I can “treat myself” while on the Keto diet. This rich, creamy, sweet and salty Maple Bacon Bulletproof Keto Coffee is just what I need to start my day off right before chasing four kids around the house.
This blog post may contain affiliate links and sponsored content. All ideas, creations, and opinions are my own.
Coffee is easily the life-blood of any mom out there. This mom, is no exception. Hubby, started the Keto diet over a year ago and it’s done wonders for him. He has gone from a diet to pretty much a lifestyle change. Everything about being on Keto has done wonders for him. He has motivation and a mindset to get things done and see a diet through for results. I on the other hand, love pie, cookies, and all things sweet. However, I recognize my way of eating isn’t always where it should be.
For me, I do better with baby steps when making changes. So far, I haven’t been able to baby step the workout routine into my schedule. However, I knew there were a couple places in my daily routine that if I changed just a tad, would help me from gaining anymore weight at least; okay Travis knew and told me so I did them. Namely, my fluid intake. I hate water. Absolutely hate it. So I drink juice a lot and coffee. I have a tiny bit of a lactose issue where my throat seems to get all junked up when drinking milk. So I would start off the day with coffee of 2-3 cups and then the rest of the day was a high sugar juice, and that was it.
Travis brought to my attention the amount of sugar and carbs in both the juice and the coffee. I more like have a little bit of coffee with my cream and sugar, if you know what I mean. So he suggested that I try a Keto coffee and replace my juice with water. Now, I’m still working on the replacing juice with water – right now I drink La Croix as a happy medium, but the switch over with coffee was surprisingly easy and tasty. I honestly don’t think I will ever go back to drinking a regular coffee again. Keto coffee is just so smooth and creamy, and now I don’t feel guilty. And it really has shown in my lack of a weight change. For only making one minor lasting adjustment, that’s pretty good to at least not be going up.
The next task is to change up our bread – stay tuned for some sad stories and fantastic new bread recipes!
What to know about Bulletproof Coffee
- There is an actual coffee called Bulletproof Coffee. Now, I’m not sure what came first, the keto or the coffee, but there is an actual coffee company that makes “Bulletproof Coffee.” To make the Keto style coffee, you don’t need the actual Bulletproof Coffee brand coffee. It is really based around using no sweetener and adding in good fats like coconut oil or butter instead of cream from your typical grocery store creamers.
- Can you just add oil and butter? Sure, I meant you could… but it’s not going to come out the same. This silky, smooth, luscious bodied coffee comes from the blending process. I use a Nutribullet, but a standard blender or even immersion blender would work well to get this more latte like effect. You really want to encourage all the ingredients of this drink to get to know each other.
- Can I really add whipped cream? As long as it’s not from a can or tub from the store – you bet! Real homemade whipped cream is just heavy whipping cream, extract of choice and a tiny bit of sweetener. You certainly don’t have to add as much as I did either. While I totally ate all of mine, it was much more to help showcase that beautiful bacon on top in the photos.
My Favorite Tools for the Job
I know you all have probably seen and heard me talk about this thing (Nutribullet) more than my children. But seriously, this thing is such a God send. It helps to keep me fed with smoothies and now coffee. Come on Moms – Praise Jesus someone has our backs right?! This little guy is small and barely takes up any room on the counter, yet it can handle anything. And you can even put a top on it right off the blender and head out the door!
There is only one butter I’ll recommend for eating this much of… Kerrygold. You’ll see just about every coffee drinking, keto dieting person tell you the same. This butter is just heavenly. I get a few sticks of this every time I go grocery shopping. It comes from Ireland and is made with milk from cows that are all grass fed. And I mean, if you’ve ever even seen pictures of Ireland, you know that’s not hard to believe at all. I even use the salted butter. During a keto diet, it’s important to keep your salt intake up to avoid headaches during detox.
Maple Bacon Keto Coffee Recipe
See what I mean? Super easy and super delicious! Can you believe that on a diet it is actually encouraged to eat this way?! I know, me either. It’s my kind of diet. I’m constantly figuring out ways to eat sweets while maintaining the under twenty carb count. My poor hubby’s phone blows up with, “honey, can you total this up for me so I can eat it?” Haha!
I would love if after you try this recipe, because I know you will, go ahead and rate the recipe with 5 stars! Leave me any comments or questions below and I’ll be happy to answer them. And for more tips on feeding your tiny army, join my Facebook Group for busy Moms.
A simple, smooth, and sweet spin on Keto Coffee. Still has all the benefits of Keto, but with the bonus of bacon!
- 2 Tablespoons Grassfed Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Maple Extract
- Sweetner to taste
- 2 cups of hot coffee
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon sweetner (or to taste)
- 1 strip of Bacon
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Add all coffee ingredients to a NutriBullet" data-popup="NutriBullet">Nutribullet or blender, and blend.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, mix heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sweetner until comes together as whipped cream.
- Top coffee with whipped cream and crumbled bacon.
Pour over ice or add ice to blender for a frozen treat.